We're helping our exhibitors promote local job opportunities in the home improvement industry. All companies listed below are currently filling positions. Please contact the exhibitor directly at the phone number and/or email they provided.
Habitat for Humanity MidOhio
Columbus, OH 43224
Job Summary: The ReStore Associate is responsible for assisting the Store Director, Managers, and other employees in the daily operations of the retail store. Under general supervision, ReStore Associates work in a retail/warehouse environment loading and unloading items from vehicles, providing outstanding customer service, receiving and pricing items for sale, operating a cash register, organizing and cleaning the store, and training and supervising individual and group volunteers from diverse backgrounds and age groups. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned.
1. Work with others to organize and maintain store safety and cleanliness.
2. Assist with the unloading of merchandise from vehicles. Assist with the carrying large sold items and loading into customer’s vehicle.
3. Personally provide customers and donors with courteous and prompt service at all times. Identify and respond actively and with sensitivity to the needs of all customers. Relay any customer concern (with regard to service, pricing, and/or quality of merchandise) to Store Manager or Director.
4. Accurately price merchandise to be sold in the ReStore. Interpret and apply pricing procedures and accurately price items. Research prices on the Internet for new and unique items and provide information to ReStore management to price merchandise.
5. Maintain a working knowledge of existing and new products in the store, including location and pricing.
6. Maintain an awareness of current advertisements and promotions to effectively serve customers.
7. Accurately and efficiently operate cash register, including charging customers the correct price for merchandise and following cash register transaction and closing procedures. Maintains a high level of awareness and accuracy when handling bankable tenders. Safeguard confidential information, cash and credit card information, and merchandise.
8. Interpret and follow policies and procedures for Habitat for Humanity MidOhio and the ReStore.
9. Coordinate and cooperate with other volunteers, staff, and community service people making the experience pleasant and meaningful.
10. Demonstrate a commitment to the quality improvement process and the philosophy of continuous improvement in the ReStore. 11. Participate as a team player in all phases of the ReStore.
12. Operate a Habitat for Humanity MidOhio vehicle to assist with pick and delivery of items.
13. Perform other duties and tasks as needed.
Desired Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 75 pounds occasionally. Must be able to stand continuously, and squat, bend, and climb in/out of truck frequently. Must be able to work in varying weather conditions (such as, heat, cold, rain, snow). Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and knowledge of weights and measures. Ability to read and interpret written instructions and procedures.
For more information, please contact:
Date posted: January 3, 2020